Donations are tax deductible. Please fill out the form completely. It will take you to PayPal, where you will complete the transaction. Send questions to: email@example.com
Really Great News! We’re at 81% of our goal! That means we are just about $10,000 away from having the money to build Phase 1 of the playground. I see the end in sight!
Thank you SO MUCH to Katherine Henderson (our fearless organizer), Marination ma kai, and all the well-fed people who went to that fundraiser.
It wouldn’t take too many more business donations to get us to the goal. And if we get further — then we may have enough to do some of Phase 2 at the same time.
Great Playground News! We’ve had another jump in our funding, thanks in part to the Gates Foundation matching money (yay!), and in a larger part to an anonymous donor at Schwab Charitable Fund.
Schwab wrote, “We are pleased to present you with the enclosed grant in the amount of $1,000 made on behalf of an anonymous donor at Schwab Charitable Fund. This grant is made in recognition of Janet Osborn who brings so much light and love into the donor’s life.”
Janet Osborn is a K-1 (Salmon Clan) teacher at Pathfinder K-8. She is much loved, and missed this year by her students, their families, and the staff, as she has been on sick leave. We wish her health and rest, and thank her for inspiring others with her Light and Love!
Who wants a night off from cooking? I sure do!
This Wednesday, 2/25, is Pathfinder night at Marination ma kai. Eat delicious food, hang out with your fun Pathfinder community, and our playground project gets 20% of all food sales made between 4-8 pm.
Tell your friends and neighbors. Bring family. It will be a fun night out!
4 Ways to Participate:
1) Choose an engraved stone or tile with your donation. Use the form to start this process.
2) Vote for a Group Funded Play Quote by giving what you can and earmarking it for a quote. No amount is too small. See the front office bulletin board for the instructions. Envelopes and play quotes to vote on are in the front office.
3) Eat at the Marination ma-kai on February 25th, 4-8pm. Delicious food with good friends for a great cause!
4) Pick a business to ask. Let’s face it, our school community has given a LOT, and continues to do so in many ways. This fundraiser is perfect for businesses that want to prove their support for local kids. Pick up an order form from the office, or maybe you have one laying around? Ask them if they’d like to support West Seattle’s kids by supporting an inclusive playground. They get engraving too!
Each donation goes directly to our PTSA where it will be marked for the playground, and your donor recognition details will be stored securely. Every dollar counts – thank you!
This is a Pay What You Can “game.” Which quotes will our people pick? Join the fun. Any donation will do:
- Pick up an envelope at the front office marked “playground”
- Place your donation (any amount) in the PTSA mailbox in the office (Checks can be made out to “Pathfinder PTSA”, write “playground” in the memo line)
- Write the # next to your favorite quote on the outside of the envelope
- Grab a sticker and post it next to your choice on the bulletin board for all to see!
Here are the 11 quotes to choose from:
#1) Work and play are words used to describe the same thing under different conditions – Mark Twain
#2) We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing – George Bernard Shaw
#3) You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation – Plato
#4) The true object of all human life is play. Earth is a task garden; heaven is a playground – Gilbert K Chesterton
#5) Play is training for the unexpected – Marc Bekoff, American Biologist
#6) Do not keep children to their studies by compulsion but by play – Plato
#7) Play is our brain’s favorite way of learning – Diane Ackerman, American author
#8) And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair – Kahlil Gibran
#9) Almost all creativity involves purposeful play – Abraham Maslow
#10) Play is the only way the highest intelligence of humankind can unfold – Joseph Chilton Pearce
#11) Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children, play is serious learning. Play is the work of childhood. – Fred Rogers
Let’s post inspiration all over our playground!